New Opportunities for Better User Group Software (NOBUGS)
The 14th NOBUGS Conference will be held at European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF), Grenoble - France from 23rd to 26th September 2024.
After 28 years the NOBUGS conference is finally coming back to where it started - the European Photon and Neutron Campus, home to the ESRF and ILL in Grenoble! The goal of the NOBUGS (New Opportunities for Better User Group Software) Conference Series is to foster collaboration and exchange between scientists and IT professionals working on software for X-ray, neutron and muon sources from around the world.
The conference will cover the following topics for beamlines and scientific experiments:
- Beamline control systems
- Experiments automation
- Remote user interfaces
- AI/ML applications
- Advanced data acquisition
- Data visualisation
- Workflow engines
- FAIR data management
- Open source collaborations
- Other relevant topics
NOBUGS 2024 will be held as a hybrid conference with participants on site at the ESRF and online on Zoom.
- Abstract submissions opens: 1st February 2024
- Abstract submission deadline: 31st of May 2024
- Registration opens: June 2024
- On site registration closes: August 2024
- Online registration closes: 6 September 2024
NOBUGS 2024 is advised by the NOBUGS International Advisory Committee. This conference is part of the NOBUGS series of conferences. For more information about NOBUGS and past conferences of the same kind see the NOBUGS site
- Andy Götz (ESRF) - Conference Chair
- Jens Meyer (ESRF) - Program Chair
- Kimberley Robert (ESRF) - Chief Organiser